A liminal frontier of experience in a threshold in life that conjures a state of confusion, ambiguity, and uncertainty. To be on a liminal frontier in life is to be held in limbo between the loss of a familiar orientation to life and the life ahead that has not yet revealed itself. Liminality is a transformative phenomenon that fundamentally and permanently alters the feeling of being alive.
Liminality imposes frightening forms of physical, emotional and spiritual emptiness. To be held inside a liminal state is to experience the essence of confusion, ambiguity, uncertainty, risk, and vulnerability.
- The Buried Life – Reclaiming Our True Course in Life
- The Human Age: Surviving in a Manufactured World
- The Liminal Frontiers of Aging
- The Second Half of Life
Liminality has the potential to unhinge our grasp on reality. Preserving our mental health, emotional balance, and psychological well-being while being held inside a liminal state is a profoundly difficult task.
- Crazywise: Am I Normal?
- Death Phobia and Grief Illiteracy
- Liminal States – Feeling Very Strange
- The Midlife Crisis: Is This All There Is?
The Point of No Return
A liminal frontier severe body, mind, and spirit from the comfort of the familiar. Liminality offers no return to “normal” and invokes deeply-felt changes to our sense of identity, purpose, and motivation in life.
- Liminality: The Loss of the Familiar
- Loss: A Fierce Truth From Which There is No Retreat
- The Midlife Passage: Surrendering Our Youth
- The Point of No Return
Liminal frontiers provide the underlying ground for spiritual encounters that connect us to the wild and feral forces of life that animate our planet. These primal and mercurial forces of life are far greater than the human imagination can fully comprehend.
- A Conversation with Grief
- A Dark Night of the Soul: 1-Inside a Dark Night
- A Dark Night of the Soul: 2-Creativity is Survival
- I May Die Today
- The Face of Our Death
- One Day You Will Be a Memory
- The Spiritual Landscape of Grief
- Thresholds and Liminality
- Liminality and Experience
- Liminal Space
- The Uses and Meaning of Liminality
- Liminality and Communitas
- What is Liminality?